The MDU Resources Foundation committed $100,000 to the Dream Center Bismarck to purchase kitchen equipment for the new facility. Located in Bismarck, North Dakota, the nonprofit center is dedicated to serving low-income and struggling families, children, elderly, disabled, veterans and individuals in the Bismarck-Mandan area.
At 24,000 square feet in size, the Dream Center is a comprehensive resource center that will connect people with community services that address hunger, poverty, unemployment, nutrition, health and dental care, education, abuse, finances, addiction and more.
The following programs, services and amenities will be housed under one roof, making it a one-stop shop for individuals seeking help:
- The Banquet which serves a free meal daily.
- The Dream Center Food Pantry.
- Adopt-A-Block mobile food distribution program’s warehouse.
- A multi-faith chapel.
- Meeting rooms open to partner organizations.
- An event center.
- Office area for other providers to use for health screenings or legal aid.
Read about the Dream Center Bismarck’s grand opening: https://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/dream-center-bismarck-to-open-hold-open-house-sunday/article_9460aa36-c198-11ec-af2a-7f7aa6ceb78d.html