You can download and print an MDU Resources Foundation grant application here.
To be considered, all requests must include a completed grant request form and the following:
- Name and address of organization or charity as shown on the IRS determination letter.
- Name, address and telephone number of contact person.
- A copy of an Internal Revenue Service determination letter indicating tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), OR evidence of eligibility under Section 170(c)(1) of the IRC. Organizations described in section 170(c)(1) of the IRC are the United States, a possession of the United States, any state, the District of Columbia or any political subdivision thereof. A political subdivision would include a county, a city, a school district, a park district, etc. Contributions are allowable if they are used exclusively for public purposes.
- Purpose or use of the requested grant.
- Other information deemed appropriate, including program or project brochures, etc. that will be helpful in understanding the request.
- Requests should be submitted no later than Oct. 1 of the year prior to the year for which funding is being sought. The foundation operates on a calendar-year budget.
Completed applications and supporting materials should be submitted to your local MDU Resources office, unless directed otherwise.